Sonic Bites: The Owen Wilson Elegies
- 12 Nov 2020, 1 p.m., Online Only, Internet, Scotland, UK, Find out more
Repertoire The Owen Wilson Elegies, by Instruction Manual
Cryptic presents the fifth in our sensory series of audiovisual appetisers broadcast at 13.00 GMT on the second and fourth Thursday of every month to offer you a welcome lunchtime escape from emails and online meetings. Down tools and indulge in some digital delights to invigorate and inspire for the afternoon ahead.
Time to take your lunch break and savour a Sonic Bite… on Thu 12 November.
Inspired by an interview with American actor Owen Wilson, Instruction Manual (Ollie Hawker & Scott Morrison) presents a meditative and hypnotic audiovisual work combining piano, harp, accordion, and electronics. Moving and humourous, the artists have created distinct miniature soundworlds that are both soothing and unsettling in equal measure.
Performers Ollie Hawker, Scott Morrison
Submitted by Cryptic
- 31 Oct 2020, 19:30
["Giants, Causeways & Consequences", Claire McCue]
- 05 Nov 2020, 19:00
[Ether/Real: an exploration of graphic scores]
- 10 Nov 2020, 19:30
[Cumnock Tryst presents Pete Stollery]
- 12 Nov 2020, 13:00
[Sonic Bites: The Owen Wilson Elegies]
- 18 Nov 2020, 14:00
[Writing your own funding application]
- Workshop using Dorico Pro with Steinberg Media Technologies
- Composing for Media
- Stillness performed at Hebridean Dark Skies Festival 2021
- Digital Connections Through Culture China / Scotland Pilot
- Hardship Fund for Creative Freelancers
- Connections Through Culture South East Asia