PR & Marketing your own projects
- 1 Oct 2021, 10 a.m., Chamber Music Scotland, Glasgow, Scotland, UK, Book tickets
About this event
This workshop will look at the basics of PR and marketing – including why it is good to do when running your own projects. During this 3 our session topics will include:
- planning a press strategy
- writing a press release
- the dos and don’ts of interviews
- which press to approach
- how to develop effective (and budget friendly!) marketing material.
Led by Andy Saunders (NMS Co-Chair and freelance musician), he will be joined by Caroline Dooley (Head of Marketing and Communications for Scottish Opera). Andy has worked on the PR and marketing for NMS, The Cottier Chamber Project, The Scottish Awards for New Music, and several other projects where he has been involved as a performer or producer. Currently Scottish Opera’s Director of Marketing and Communications, Caroline Dooley has previously worked with the Scottish Chamber Orchestra and Linn Records.
Attending a NMS workshop - Covid update
We are delighted to be holding in person workshops again and we want to keep everyone safe. Therefore in line with Scottish Government additional precautionary measures we ask you take a lateral flow test the night before or on the day of the workshop.
Please also remember your face covering, unless you are exempt. We will have plenty of hand sanitizer available for your use too.
Promoter New Music Scotland
Submitted by New Music Scotland
- the surface of the night, by Kevin Leomo
- near dark, by Kevin Leomo
- Close to the Bone, by Kevin Leomo
- Sound Festival Spotlight Gig: Stephanie Lamprea (Soprano) and James Banner (Double Bass)
- Red Note Sessions in Perth - Sub Mari
- sound festival | 19-24 October 2021
- Musical Postcards from the Scottish Chamber Orchestra players
- New album - prismatic - released 24th June
- Gillian Walker Commissioned by Live Music Now