Webinar: Self-releasing Your Music Online
- 13 Dec 2021, 11 a.m., Zoom, Online, None, Tickets and more info
- 14 Dec 2021, 8 p.m., Zoom, Online, None, Tickets and more info
- 16 Dec 2021, 11 a.m., Zoom, Online, None, Tickets and more info
Join composer Matthew Whiteside to get an overview of how to record and self-release your music including information on budgeting, rights registrations and digital distribution.
The webinar will last 90 minutes and is designed to give a broad overview of what steps you need to take to self-release your music. I will talk about:
- A general introduction to releasing music, digital distribution and streaming
- Setting a realistic budget (income and expenditure)
- Preparing for and running recording sessions
- How to get your music on the major streaming platforms (Spotify, Apple Music, Deezer etc.)
- Various rights and registrations that you need to know about to ultimately get paid
- Using the artist analytics dashboards
The webinar will be £25 per person with a limited of 10 per session to allow for questions.
Choose your date below and I will send you a Zoom link in advance of the session.
Session dates are:
11am, 13th December
8pm, 14th December
11am, 16th December
Please note these sessions will have exactly the same content.
"This was really generously informative, well-researched and backed up by loads of experience - if you're interested in releasing your own music, I strongly recommend it!" - Stuart MacRae (composer)
"Thanks to @mwhiteside for his webinar on self-releasing your music. Clear and helpful presentation on the steps to take re planning, licensing, marketing and releasing." Katherine Wren (performer)
Matthew Whiteside was named in the List Hot 100 2019 and the Scotsman’s One to Watch (classical) for 2020, is a composer, collaborator, sound designer and concert producer based in Glasgow. Winner of the Light Moves Innovative Use of Sound Award for his work Entangled with Marisa Zanotti. His music has been described as “Effective and Unsettling” by BBC Music Magazine and “post-minimalist bold sparseness” by the Herald. He has released two albums of chamber music, Dichroic Light and Entangled, along with multiple singles.
In 2021 The Night With... Live Vol One, produced and released by Matthew, won the Award for the Recording of New Music sponsored by VoxCarynx at the Scottish Awards for New Music.
Promoter Matthew Whiteside
Submitted by Matthew Whiteside
- The Rules, by Christopher Hutchings
- Send Lazarus, by Christopher Hutchings
- Sanctus, by Helen Mackinnon
- Calton Consort
- BBC SSO: Anna Clyne's 'This Midnight Hour'
- BBC SSO: Messiaen's 'Quartet For The End of Time'
- Legends and Light Vol. 2
- A Live Sound Design Performance - Tom Lyne
- Meta Morphosis: Pippa Reid-Foster / Eva Alkula - The Glad Cafe, Glasgow
- Cryptic: Deep Dive Open Call // YMI Experimental Music Programme
- Ensemble in Residence 2022-24
- Beyond Borders