- 31 Jul 2022, 2 p.m., The Bridge, Colquhoun Street, Helensburgh, None, Tickets and more info
Duo, Eva Alkula and Pippa Reid-Foster will lead a multi-instrumental workshop on Finnish folk music to mark the end of their summer tour ‘Meta Morphosis’. This is for all abilities, ages and open to any instrument. Eva and Pippa will be teaching on their instruments, the Kantele and the Clarsach (lever harp). Music will be available, but teaching will be mainly by ear.
Do you play an instrument and would like to have the opportunity to play with others, in a fun, relaxed learning enviroment then this is the workshop for you. Spend the afternoon learning some beautiful folk music of Finland in the beautiful seaside town of Helensburgh. There are plenty of tasty eateries in the area for after or before the workshop.
There will be a short break in the middle with a short performance from Eva and Pippa.
Submitted by Pippa Reid-Foster
- The Rules, by Christopher Hutchings
- Send Lazarus, by Christopher Hutchings
- Sanctus, by Helen Mackinnon
- Calton Consort
- BBC SSO: Anna Clyne's 'This Midnight Hour'
- BBC SSO: Messiaen's 'Quartet For The End of Time'
- Legends and Light Vol. 2
- A Live Sound Design Performance - Tom Lyne
- Meta Morphosis: Pippa Reid-Foster / Eva Alkula - The Glad Cafe, Glasgow
- Cryptic: Deep Dive Open Call // YMI Experimental Music Programme
- Ensemble in Residence 2022-24
- Beyond Borders