BBC SSO: UK Premiere by Hans Abrahamsen
- 17 Nov 2022, 11:50 a.m., City Halls, Glasgow, Scotland, UK, More Info & Tickets
- 20 Nov 2022, 3 p.m., Usher Hall, Edinburgh, Scotland, UK, More Info & Tickets
Repertoire Vers le silence, by Hans Abrahamsen
Vers le silence (28 mins)
Götterdämmerung (46 mins)
- A Symphonic Journey (arr. Wigglesworth)
Katherine Broderick soprano
Ryan Wigglesworth conductor
BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra
Get ready for a thrilling ride as we distil the final part of Wagner’s 'Ring' cycle into a single musical journey. The flickering light of dawn, the overwhelming passion of love, the ebb and flow of the majestic Rhine, a jawdropping funeral march, and the world consumed by fire and water: this is storytelling at its most dramatic. Chief Conductor Ryan Wigglesworth unleashes the full force of the orchestra in his own adaptation of this music and Katherine Broderick sings Brünnhilde’s triumphant closing scene.
Before then, a work which also takes us from the elemental worlds of fire, earth, wind and water, towards silence and a transfigured state. Hans Abrahamsen is one of the great musical imaginations of our time, so don’t miss the UK premiere of 'Vers le silence' (Towards Silence) from our Composer-in-Association.
This concerts ends at approximately 9:20pm.
Performers BBC SSO
Promoter BBC (British Broadcasting Corporation)
Submitted by BBC SSO
- The Rules, by Christopher Hutchings
- Send Lazarus, by Christopher Hutchings
- Sanctus, by Helen Mackinnon
- Calton Consort
- BBC SSO: Anna Clyne's 'This Midnight Hour'
- BBC SSO: Messiaen's 'Quartet For The End of Time'
- Legends and Light Vol. 2
- A Live Sound Design Performance - Tom Lyne
- Meta Morphosis: Pippa Reid-Foster / Eva Alkula - The Glad Cafe, Glasgow
- Cryptic: Deep Dive Open Call // YMI Experimental Music Programme
- Ensemble in Residence 2022-24
- Beyond Borders