Emerging Composers: Scotland’s Stories
Deadline: 2 Jul 2021
Co-ordinated by the NYPBoS, Emerging Composers is a fantastic opportunity offering paid commissions for emerging composers.
Co-ordinated by the NYPBoS, Emerging Composers is a fantastic opportunity offering paid commissions for emerging composers. This year’s project is based on the theme ‘Scotland’s Stories’ and we are calling for commissions from emerging artists aged between 18-25 from both within and out-with the piping community.
5 Successful applicants will be asked to respond to one of 7 stories, which will be available in Gaelic and English. They will gain access to our library and archives for continued research and each piece will be realised with the NYPBoS and performed in February 2022.
The young artists will also have the opportunity to work alongside guest mentors who will provide creative guidance, including scoring skills, during the creative weekend.
Each composer will receive a commission fee of £500 as well as support with expenses.
How to take part
We particularly welcome applications from people of colour, those with disabilities, women, and the LGBTQ+ community.
APPLICATION FORM: https://airtable.com/shrEsKkAV1IZheBZC
Applications close on 2nd July.
Applications will be reviewed by a panel including inclusion partners from external organisations and we will write to you to let you know if you have been selected or not by 12th July.
Application Accessibility Requirements
Access to this project is open to everyone aged 18-25, if you foresee any issues submitting your application or want to let us know of any accessibility requirements please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
External link More info
Submitted by New Music Scotland
- Nocturne & Sunrise, by Eddie McGuire
- Meditation on Da Day Dawn, by Katherine Wren
- Carry His Relics, by Gemma McGregor
- Album Release: MIDI Times & Spaces by Neil Tòmas Smith
- Quartet No. 6 (Remix)
- Iconnotations - Made In Scotland Showcase
- Musical Postcards from the Scottish Chamber Orchestra players
- New album - prismatic - released 24th June
- Gillian Walker Commissioned by Live Music Now
- Marketing and Communications Manager — Scottish Ensemble
- Freelance Artistic Director for All Together Now
- We're Hiring: Arts Project Trainee Admin Assistant - Easterhouse