Co-Chair Advert 2021
Deadline: 1 Aug 2021
Would you like to be part of shaping how new music is supported and championed in Scotland? Are you passionate about new music?
New Music Scotland (NMS) is seeking to recruit a new Co-Chair to help shape the direction of the organisation. As a relatively small organisation with big ambitions, we are looking for an individual to work with our existing Co-Chair who will compliment and strengthen our Board of Trustees.
New Music Scotland is a network of artists, ensembles, orchestras, composers, creators, music educators, sound artists, musicians, producers, promoters and anyone who believes in the importance and value of creating new music in Scotland. We exist to connect, enable and support makers of innovative and experimental new music and our members help drive how we do that.
We believe that new music comes from many different cultural traditions and musical practices; what brings us all together is our passion for and belief in the intrinsic value of new music creation for individuals and society as a whole.
NMS was set up to help generate a vibrant and thriving new music sector, which will contribute to making Scotland an international leader in contemporary creative music practice. It exists to connect, enable and support makers of innovative and experimental new music: musicians, sound artists, composers, promoters and producers in Scotland. NMS will create and maintain a supportive environment for innovation.
Its aims are as follows:
• To bring together makers who are either wholly or partially engaged in creating/performing new and innovative music and sound, and promoting organisations;
• To establish and maintain communication mechanisms for new music in Scotland;
• To encourage and facilitate collaboration with other art-forms and sectors;
• To provide a supportive environment for innovation in music and sound;
• To actively campaign for the commissioning and programming of new music;
• To increase the awareness and profile of new music in Scotland, both nationally and internationally;
• To explore and disseminate new ways of developing audiences for new music.
External link Full info and description
Submitted by New Music Scotland
- Nocturne & Sunrise, by Eddie McGuire
- Meditation on Da Day Dawn, by Katherine Wren
- Carry His Relics, by Gemma McGregor
- Album Release: MIDI Times & Spaces by Neil Tòmas Smith
- Quartet No. 6 (Remix)
- Iconnotations - Made In Scotland Showcase
- Musical Postcards from the Scottish Chamber Orchestra players
- New album - prismatic - released 24th June
- Gillian Walker Commissioned by Live Music Now
- Marketing and Communications Manager — Scottish Ensemble
- Freelance Artistic Director for All Together Now
- We're Hiring: Arts Project Trainee Admin Assistant - Easterhouse