Deadline: 31 Aug 2021
Birmingham Contemporary Music Group (BCMG) and Royal Birmingham Conservatoire have joined forces to offer a new and unique 1-year training programme for music students and professional musicians looking for a career as performers of contemporary music. Applications for year four of the programme are now open! Please see below for details and email email@example.com if you require any further information.
During this programme NEXT Musicians will:
Work alongside world-famous composers and performers;
Meet key people on the international contemporary music scene;
Perform side-by-side with BCMG musicians in high-profile concerts;
Build their own ensemble and present concerts with fellow participants.
By the end of the programme NEXT Musicians will have acquired:
In-depth knowledge of contemporary music from the second half of the 20th century to the present day, including its aesthetics and techniques;
Confidence in programming, promoting and presenting new music to the public;
Core skills for a successful professional career in contemporary music performance.
At the end of the programme participants will receive a joint official certificate from Royal Birmingham Conservatoire and BCMG.
About the programme:
NEXT offers early career musicians an unprecedented opportunity to become successful contemporary music performers. In a year of intensive training NEXT Musicians will learn to perform some of the most inspiring and challenging works written in the last 70 years. You will receive coaching and one-to-one teaching sessions from BCMG players and world famous soloists. Musicians will have many opportunities to perform, including side-by-side concerts with BCMG, and will work directly with the world’s leading composers on the interpretation of their music.
Course / CPD / Summerschool
External link More info and how to apply
Submitted by New Music Scotland
- Nocturne & Sunrise, by Eddie McGuire
- Meditation on Da Day Dawn, by Katherine Wren
- Carry His Relics, by Gemma McGregor
- Album Release: MIDI Times & Spaces by Neil Tòmas Smith
- Quartet No. 6 (Remix)
- Iconnotations - Made In Scotland Showcase
- Musical Postcards from the Scottish Chamber Orchestra players
- New album - prismatic - released 24th June
- Gillian Walker Commissioned by Live Music Now
- Marketing and Communications Manager — Scottish Ensemble
- Freelance Artistic Director for All Together Now
- We're Hiring: Arts Project Trainee Admin Assistant - Easterhouse