2022 MATA Festival
Deadline: 31 Oct 2021
Music At The Anthology (MATA) seeks submissions from composers and sound artists in the early stages of their careers for our 2022 MATA Festival of New Music in New York City. MATA welcomes all types of music from fully notated to improvised, sound art, video, electronic, found instruments, toys, installations, and everything in between. MATA seeks artists of all musical genres to apply. Artists are selected on the strength of their overall application and will receive a performance of their work at the MATA Festival in May 2022.
The 2022 MATA Festival will be curated by Artist-In-Residence Darius Jones. The International Contemporary Ensemble will form the core collaborative group of interpreters for this year's festival. The programming will not be limited only to the instruments in the Ensemble's roster.
The online application is in three parts:
Artist Statement: Please tell us about yourself and your work as an artist, including why you consider yourself to be at the early stages of your career. To learn more about what MATA considers to be an early-career composer, visit: www.matafestival.org/earlycareer-composer.
Work Samples: Present links to two pieces that you would like to see performed by the ensemble or individual artists.
Call for Scores
External link More info and Apply
Submitted by New Music Scotland
- the surface of the night, by Kevin Leomo
- near dark, by Kevin Leomo
- Close to the Bone, by Kevin Leomo
- Sound Festival Spotlight Gig: Stephanie Lamprea (Soprano) and James Banner (Double Bass)
- Red Note Sessions in Perth - Sub Mari
- sound festival | 19-24 October 2021
- Musical Postcards from the Scottish Chamber Orchestra players
- New album - prismatic - released 24th June
- Gillian Walker Commissioned by Live Music Now