Deadline: 1 Mar 2022
Composers Must Submit:
- a work of chamber music written in 2016 or later for 2-7 players and/or singers, with or without electronics. It is recommended that the submitted work includes bass clarinet, trombone, trumpet, and/or male voice (though not required).
- A score (PDF) and recording is required (MIDI realizations are NOT accepted)
- CV (PDF required)
Rules and Regulations:
- This competition is now open internationally.
- There is NO FEE for participating in this competition.
- The deadline for submission is March 1, 2022.
- The winning composer will receive a prize of $1,000 as a commission to write a new piece, which will be premiered in New York City by loadbang in the Spring of 2023 or later.
- Tuition free participation and workshops with loadbang at the Longy School of Music's Divergent Studio from June 6-20, 2022 in Cambridge, MA. (The winner is not required to participate in this festival.)
External link More info and how to apply
Submitted by New Music Scotland
- 03 Jun 2022, 11:00
[Covfefe: online coffee chat for composers & musicians]
- 05 Jun 2022, 10:00
[Open Score Club - Gardenscape]
- 08 Jun 2022, 14:30
[A CELEBRATION OF MARTYN BRABBINS – EMERGING COMPOSERS]
- 08 Jun 2022, 20:00
[Sound Thought x GLEAM Concert - Darren Gallacher & Failed System Test]
- 11 Jun 2022, 19:30
[Hebrides Ensemble x Drake Music Scotland: Hidden Door 2022]
- World premiere recording of "The Present", by James MacMillan
- New music listening club
- Sound Thought x GLEAM Concert - Darren Gallacher & Failed System Test
- Figurenotes Software and Resource Hub Lunch
- Album 200m: Ambient Music in a 9v World by casiomtb released
- New Recording: 'Ursa Minor' - chamber music of Stuart MacRae