Composition Competition 2021 “art and violence”
Deadline: 28 Feb 2022
2Act Foundation hereby announces its second Composition Competition for composers from all over the world to create a new work for instrumental trio. We would like to ask composers to present us with their own, individual inter-pretation of this year ’s subject, ‘art and violence ’
The challenge of the second edition of the is to compose an original work for an instrumental trio consisted of: the piano, the percussion and one woodwind instrument of choice according to the regulations below.
We are looking for original works that not only focus on musical matter but also consider aspects related to the theme of the competition ‘Art and violence’.
Deadline for submission of works: February 28, 2022.
Call for Scores
External link More info and how to apply
Submitted by New Music Scotland
- The Rules, by Christopher Hutchings
- Send Lazarus, by Christopher Hutchings
- Sanctus, by Helen Mackinnon
- Calton Consort
- BBC SSO: Anna Clyne's 'This Midnight Hour'
- BBC SSO: Messiaen's 'Quartet For The End of Time'
- Legends and Light Vol. 2
- A Live Sound Design Performance - Tom Lyne
- Meta Morphosis: Pippa Reid-Foster / Eva Alkula - The Glad Cafe, Glasgow
- Cryptic: Deep Dive Open Call // YMI Experimental Music Programme
- Ensemble in Residence 2022-24
- Beyond Borders