SPLICE Institute 2022 Call for Applications
Deadline: 1 Feb 2022
SPLICE Institute 2022 Features:
● Introductory, intermediate, and advanced workshops on a variety of musical topics and technologies, including Max, Digital Audio Workstations, Aesthetics, SuperCollider, Performing Using Technology, and more.
● Workshops focusing on multimedia, including video editing, processing, and live video manipulation.
● Performances by Vicki Ray, SPLICE faculty, and performer participants.
● Presentations by Institute guests and panels on multimedia and performing with technology.
● Participants have the opportunity to collaborate and create a new work to premiere at the Institute.
Community-building and collaboration are at the heart of SPLICE Institute. Attendees become part of a growing community of musicians inspired by technology-mediated composition and performance. Alongside daily workshops, presentations, and concerts, the Institute features post-concert hangs and other social events.
SPLICE Institute 2022 faculty and staff:
● Christopher Biggs
● Becky Brown
● Per Bloland
● Flannery Cunningham
● Dana Jessen
● Keith Kirchoff
● Elainie Lillios
● Robin Meiksins
● João Pedro Oliveira
● Joo Won Park
● Vicki Ray
● Adam Vidiksis
● Sam Wells
SPLICE Institute 2022 fee for collaborating composers and performers is $670, and for participants is $470. SPLICE Institute offers numerous scholarship opportunities including scholarships specifically for individuals who identify as woman, non-binary, genderqueer, black, person of color, or indigenous to the Americas. Additional scholarship opportunities are available and may be contingent on the recipient assisting with production and/or administrative tasks.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Tuesday February 1, 2022 at 11:59 PM EST
Course / CPD / Summerschool
External link More info and Apply
Submitted by New Music Scotland
- soundwalk with The Bard of the Birds
- Drake Music Scotland and Hebrides Ensemble present ECHOES, a concert of new music by disabled composers.
- soundcast LIVE with Rylan Gleave