We Are Hiring: Creative Music Maker
Deadline: 8 Feb 2021
Red Note Ensemble is looking for a musician at an early stage of their career to join us for a fixed-term one-year, mentored role. We’re seeking someone who is a little bit obsessed about creating new music themselves, and making music with other people, to work with us on a variety of performance and community projects.
We recognise that many people haven’t been able to take up opportunities to pursue a career in creating music due to financial pressures of coming from a lower socio-economic background. For this reason, this post is designed to support the career progression of someone who has faced barriers because of their socio-economic background.
We are looking for someone who has:
• 2-5 years’ experience since leaving school. This may have been on e.g. an education/training course, a job, a caring or voluntary role. It doesn’t matter whether this was or wasn’t directly connected to music
• Shown sustained commitment to generating their own new music
• Some experience of working with music with community groups, but may have had no formal training
Deadline for application: Monday 8th February 2021, 12 noon
Notification of interviews: Friday 19th February 2021
Interviews: Thursday 25th February 2021
Selection workshops: Between the 8th and 19th March 2021
Start date: Monday 29th March 2021
This Fellowship is supported by the Weston Jerwood Creative Bursaries 2020-22.
External link Full information and job pack:
Submitted by Red Note
- James MacMillan, Tuireadh
- Anna Clyne. Overflow (SCO commission, World Premiere)
- Sonic Bites: Crystalline Unclear