2021 Call for Proposals - Mata Festival
Deadline: 15 Mar 2021
MATA, the New York City-based composer-advocacy and presenting organization, is accepting proposals from early-career composers, sound artists, and other musical creators for Virtual or Socially-Distant projects, to be presented in Fall 2021.
Proposals should fall into one of two categories:
1. Works for soloists or small ensembles, with or without electronic/digital media, that can be performed and presented virtually.
2. Works for soloists, ensembles, and/or sound installations that can be presented outdoors or in a socially-distanced setting.
Proposals for works-in-progress and other innovative ideas are welcome. Projects should reflect MATA’s mission of promoting the work of early-career composers. Works can be performed either in New York City or remotely. Composers/Performers may program or perform their own work. Technical assistance will be provided as needed, and MATA’s staff will be available throughout the process.
How to apply
Proposals should be emailed to email@example.com, with the subject "MATA Proposal 2021 – [your name]" and should include the following attachments in PDF format:
1. Applicant’s CV (2 page maximum)
2. 2-3 samples of work. Please provide a PDF with links to audio or visual representations of your work samples (please do not send files directly). Please provide scores in PDF form if applicable. If scores are not applicable to your work, please provide a short explanation (1 page maximum) of how the work was created.
3. Project Narrative (3 page maximum). Please include a description of the project, a timeline (with preferred performance date, if applicable), key personnel, and how your project will fit within social distancing guidelines
4. Artist’s Statement describing the applicant’s philosophy and vision (1 page maximum)
5. Biographies for principal artistic personnel, with links to websites as applicable.
6. Budget for Artist Fees (MATA reserves the right to adjust proposed budgets.)
We encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Call for Scores
External link Apply Now
Submitted by New Music Scotland
- James MacMillan, Tuireadh
- Anna Clyne. Overflow (SCO commission, World Premiere)
- Sonic Bites: Crystalline Unclear