Webinar: Digital Self-Releasing
- 15 Feb 2021, 11 a.m., Zoom, Online, None, Buy a ticket
- 23 Feb 2021, 7 p.m., Zoom, Online, None, Buy a ticket
Repertoire Talk, by Matthew Whiteside
Over the years I have spent quite a lot of time researching how to record, self-release and market my music. I’ve built up an average of around 2,000 listeners a month on Spotify and through self-releasing have had total creative control over the release. I haven’t had to deal with a label or sign away any future earnings and in return I keep all of the financial gain. Though I do admit it is a lot of work and is a risk in itself.
If you are thinking of releasing your own music, you might currently feel like me at the start – that it is a total impenetrable minefield, and it can be! But I want to share my knowledge and experiences to help you release your music into the world. If you are interested in attending a webinar or having a one on one mentoring session to learn how, then read on.
The webinar will last 90 minutes and is designed to give a broad overview of what steps you need to take to self-release your music. I will talk about:
- A general introduction to releasing music, digital distribution and streaming
- Setting a realistic budget (income and expenditure)
- Preparing for and running recording sessions
- How to get your music on the major streaming platforms (Spotify, Apple Music, Deezer etc.)
- Various rights and registrations that you need to know about to ultimately get paid
- Using the artist analytics dashboards
The webinar will be £25 per person with a limited of 10 per session to allow for questions.
Promoter Matthew Whiteside
Submitted by Matthew Whiteside
- Youth Music - Incubator Fund
- RCS Seeks Applications for the Board of Governors
- Call for ideas for Forecast’s sixth edition