If you are a Scottish or Scotland based: composer, music creator, performer (notated or improvised music), ensemble, orchestra, opera company, arts administrator, artistic director, music educator, musicologist, record producer, audio artist, instrument inventor, producer, promoter — based in Scotland with a passion for new art music — you should join NMS now!
This is not about orchestral music versus electroacoustics, or musique actuelle versus new chamber music, or sound art versus improv, or composers versus performers. It is about everyone who has a passion and belief in the value of new music creation.
New music practices can include (but are not limited to): Acoustic Ecology / Avant-garde music / Co-improvisation / Contemporary chamber music / Contemporary opera / Contemporary orchestral music / Contemporary vocal and choral music / Computer music / Electroacoustic music / Electronica Experimental music / Experimental world music / Experimental folk music / Free improvisation / Invented instruments / Microtonal music / Musique actuelle / Radio art / Sound art / Uncategorisable musical practices.
If you don't want to join but do want to support our work you can by sending us a donation. Just click here and you will be taken to our PayPal donate page.
Why join NMS?
Members can join and get a range of benefits including:
- A profile on our website feautring all your compositions, performances and news
- First to hear about NMS events
- Discounts on events and workshops
- Members can create their own Profile Page, cataloging their works, performances on our website
- Invited to our annual NMS day and AGM
- Full events listings on our website and monthly bulletin
- New Music Scotland is a Member of the International Society of Contemporary Music (ISCM) and so can put forward works for inclusion in the yearly World Music Days.
Choose your subscription type below. It will renew automatically every year. Once you sign up we will contract you with your account details.
Student / Concession Membership
Not for Profit organisations with turnover below £100,000
Organisations with turnover of £100,000 or above
If you wish to cancel your subscription please email email@example.com and you will not be charged the next annual payment
- 31 Oct 2020, 19:30
["Giants, Causeways & Consequences", Claire McCue]
- 05 Nov 2020, 19:00
[Ether/Real: an exploration of graphic scores]
- 10 Nov 2020, 19:30
[Cumnock Tryst presents Pete Stollery]
- 12 Nov 2020, 13:00
[Sonic Bites: The Owen Wilson Elegies]
- 18 Nov 2020, 14:00
[Writing your own funding application]
- Sonic Bites: La salle des fêtes
- Anna Clyne: Within Her Arms
- Workshop using Dorico Pro with Steinberg Media Technologies
- Digital Collaboration Fund - British Council
- VIBE Online
- Sainsbury Family Charitable Trusts - Headley Trust