opensound: The Engaged Composer open sessions
- 28 Apr 2021, 5 p.m., Zoom, Online, None, Register
- 5 May 2021, 5 p.m., Zoom, Online, None, Register
- 12 May 2021, 5 p.m., Zoom, Online, None, Register
sound and Red Note Ensemble present three open Zoom sessions for emerging composers interested in learning more about how to inspire and work effectively with community groups. In each session, two experienced composers/animateurs will talk about a project they have led, highlighting different key relevant skills, and exploring co-creation where relevant.
The sessions will take place between 5-6.30pm on Wednesday 28 April, 5 and 12 May.
The sessions are free and open to anyone who would like to take part. To register, please click the link(s) below.
28 April: Judith Weir and Pippa Murphy
Click here to register in advance for this meeting.
This is part of sound’s soundcreators programme which is supported by PRSF Talent Development Partner programme, Creative Scotland, Aberdeen City Council, Idlewild Trust, Hugh Fraser Foundation and Leche Trust.
Submitted by sound
- Nocturne & Sunrise, by Eddie McGuire
- Meditation on Da Day Dawn, by Katherine Wren
- Carry His Relics, by Gemma McGregor
- Musical Postcards from the Scottish Chamber Orchestra players
- New album - prismatic - released 24th June
- Gillian Walker Commissioned by Live Music Now