Sagas and Seascapes
- 15 Jul 2022, 8:30 p.m., Scottish Storytelling Centre, Edinburgh, Scotland, UK, Scottish Storytelling Centre
- 16 Aug 2022, 8:30 p.m., Scottish Storytelling Centre, Edinburgh, Scotland, UK, Scottish Storytelling Centre
- 18 Aug 2022, 8:30 p.m., Scottish Storytelling Centre, Edinburgh, Scotland, UK, Scottish Storytelling Centre
- 18 Aug 2022, 7 p.m., Online, International, None, SSC online
Repertoire Carry His Relics, by Gemma McGregor; Aud, by Linda Buckley; Søgnin um Kópakonuna, by Eli Tausen á Lava; Elsewhen, by Lillie Harris; Wogen, by Kári Bæk
Nordic Viola's acclaimed online production, Sagas and Seascapes for Orkney International Science Festival is part of the Made In Scotland Showcase at the Fringe this August. Norse stories form the inspiration for this performance by Nordic Viola. Award-winning Irish composer Linda Buckley’s Aud draws on the Icelandic Sagas. Lillie Harris’ Elsewhen seeks to capture the strangeness, wonder, and melancholy of Orkney’s ancient sites, whilst in Carry His Relics, Orkney composer Gemma McGregor describes a journey along the St Magnus Way. Faroese composer Eli Tausen á Lava draws on legends of the Selkies common across the North. The music is accompanied on screen by stunning video curated by Craig Sinclair and abstract art in response to the music by Orla Stevens.
Performers Nordic Viola
Promoter Made In Scotland
Submitted by Katherine Wren
- The Rules, by Christopher Hutchings
- Send Lazarus, by Christopher Hutchings
- Sanctus, by Helen Mackinnon
- Calton Consort
- BBC SSO: Anna Clyne's 'This Midnight Hour'
- BBC SSO: Messiaen's 'Quartet For The End of Time'
- Legends and Light Vol. 2
- A Live Sound Design Performance - Tom Lyne
- Meta Morphosis: Pippa Reid-Foster / Eva Alkula - The Glad Cafe, Glasgow
- Cryptic: Deep Dive Open Call // YMI Experimental Music Programme
- Ensemble in Residence 2022-24
- Beyond Borders