Creator, Educator, Performer (individual)
Peter Nicholson is a cellist, improviser, composer and educator.
Peter is interested in the blurred lines between composition and improvisation. Much of his creative practice has focussed on the intersection between the predetermined and the spontaneous.
Often working across disciplines, he has performed and collaborated with dancers, filmmakers, visual artists and theatre-makers. He has written music for theatre and film as well as for choirs, string ensembles and youth orchestras.
From 2009-2023 he held various posts at Sistema Scotland, most recently that of Director of Music (2018-23).
- Unusual Music Exchange w/ Ailie Ormston
- Elsewhere, Elsewhen - CD and Digital Album from Nordic Viola
- On a Wing and a Prayer
- Legato: Call for Early-Career Composers
- Echoes - Connections Crafting Eco-systems through Soundscapes Interactions: a participatory Sound-walk experience and Art conversation
- Call for Scottish Works - Nordic Music Journeys: Sweden and Scotland