As a composer, I attempt to exlopre my musical inspirations and extend my musical languages in deepth, connecting Sichuan (China) traditional/folk cultures with Western contemporary practice. I successfully gained my Masters at Royal Conservatoire of Scotland, training as a piano accompanist and a composer. I am very interested in exploring music by narrative writing that reflects people's strong or subtle emotions. During my PhD study in Scotland, inspired by various multi-cultural composers and their ideas, my compositions began to create by a broder thinking, exploring various sound colours and presenting novel performing form. Living in Scotland, I worked with Scottish musical groups - Red Note Ensemble and Nevis Ensemble, UK-Chinese Ensemble based on London and independent aritis such as a choreographer. In addition, my works were performed at PLUG Festival in Glasgow, Tete-a-Tete London Opera Festival in London and Beijing Modern Music Festival in Sichuan.
Some of my works are shown on: https://soundcloud.com/huan-li-1
- Unusual Music Exchange w/ Ailie Ormston
- Elsewhere, Elsewhen - CD and Digital Album from Nordic Viola
- On a Wing and a Prayer
- Legato: Call for Early-Career Composers
- Echoes - Connections Crafting Eco-systems through Soundscapes Interactions: a participatory Sound-walk experience and Art conversation
- Call for Scottish Works - Nordic Music Journeys: Sweden and Scotland