Malcolm Lindsay is a musician and RTS award-winning TV/Film composer.
Recent TV credits include Harry Price Ghost Hunter - 90min drama for ITV; BBC 1 drama series One Night; The Children, and Unforgiven both three-part drama series for ITV; In Love With Barbara for BBC4 starring Anne Reid, and popular crime series Taggart and Whitechapel. Malcolm has scored several documentary series including: Mountain for BBC 1; Civilisation Channel 4; Michael Palin's documentaries on Art for BBC 2 and an 18 part series for Discovery.
His film scores include; A Nazi Legend: What our Father Did, Blinded, Young Adam (on which Malcolm collaborated with David Byrne), Penny Woolcock's highly acclaimed Exodus, BBC's Scotland on Film and 16 Years Of Alcohol.
He is also an established classical composer whose work has been performed internationally by some of the world's leading players including the Moscow Contemporary Ensemble, RSNO, BBC Concert Orchestra and BRNO Philharmonic. He has recorded classical albums with the Royal Scottish National Orchestra, Scottish Chamber Orchestra Quartet and Scottish Opera.
In addition to his soundtrack and classical work, he continues to collaborate with visual artists, choreographers, theatre groups and writers. He is also in demand as a music producer/arranger with some chart success.
As a software specialist and later researcher he has worked for MOD, University of Strathclyde, and also set up his own creative institute. He continues some work in relation to creative problem solving and the development of tool kits to assist psychological well being (KitBag) and strategic thinking (3 Horizons).
Residence/Main Office Glasgow
- the surface of the night, by Kevin Leomo
- near dark, by Kevin Leomo
- Close to the Bone, by Kevin Leomo
- Sound Festival Spotlight Gig: Stephanie Lamprea (Soprano) and James Banner (Double Bass)
- Red Note Sessions in Perth - Sub Mari
- sound festival | 19-24 October 2021
- Musical Postcards from the Scottish Chamber Orchestra players
- New album - prismatic - released 24th June
- Gillian Walker Commissioned by Live Music Now