Album Release: MIDI Times & Spaces by Neil Tòmas Smith
Release of new electronic album MIDI Times & Spaces by Neil Tòmas Smith.
It was a weird time.
Like everyone else I was walking around my local neighbourhood, looking at the birds and the trees and the views like they had never existed before.
Outside of the walking and the work I would make equally strange, entirely synthetic music, while trying not to be smothered by the luxuriant Swiss Cheese plant that sits on my desk.
The result is a melting pot of ideas, of busy and minimal musics, and of electronic and recognisable (if entirely synthetic) instruments. Your genre sensors may go a little haywire, with pop sounds put towards unusual purposes.
The process was one of exploration in a new world, whose distance from reality was a decided attraction.
released July 22, 2021
Mastered by Simon Paterson
Performers Neil Tòmas Smith
Promoter Neil Tòmas Smith
Submitted by Neil Tòmas Smith
- Nocturne & Sunrise, by Eddie McGuire
- Meditation on Da Day Dawn, by Katherine Wren
- Carry His Relics, by Gemma McGregor
- Album Release: MIDI Times & Spaces by Neil Tòmas Smith
- Quartet No. 6 (Remix)
- Iconnotations - Made In Scotland Showcase
- Musical Postcards from the Scottish Chamber Orchestra players
- New album - prismatic - released 24th June
- Gillian Walker Commissioned by Live Music Now
- Marketing and Communications Manager — Scottish Ensemble
- Freelance Artistic Director for All Together Now
- We're Hiring: Arts Project Trainee Admin Assistant - Easterhouse