Death in a Nutshell
- 11 Nov 2021, 7:30 p.m., Queen's Hall, Edinburgh, Scotland, UK, More info and bookings
- 12 Nov 2021, 7:30 p.m., City Halls, Glasgow, Scotland, UK, More info and bookings
Repertoire Death in a Nutshell, by Jay Capperauld
Sir James MacMillan will conduct the world premiere of Death in a Nutshell by Ayrshire-born Jay Capperauld, who has taken inspiration from the “godmother of forensic science”, Frances Glessner Lee, for this exciting new work commissioned by the Scottish Chamber Orchestra.
Also part of this performance Ives The Unanswered Question, Mahler Adagietto from Symphony No 5 and Wagner Siegfried Idyll.
Performers Sir James MacMillan
Promoter Scottish Chamber Orchestra
Submitted by Scottish Chamber Orchestra
- The Rules, by Christopher Hutchings
- Send Lazarus, by Christopher Hutchings
- Sanctus, by Helen Mackinnon
- Calton Consort
- BBC SSO: Anna Clyne's 'This Midnight Hour'
- BBC SSO: Messiaen's 'Quartet For The End of Time'
- Legends and Light Vol. 2
- A Live Sound Design Performance - Tom Lyne
- Meta Morphosis: Pippa Reid-Foster / Eva Alkula - The Glad Cafe, Glasgow
- Cryptic: Deep Dive Open Call // YMI Experimental Music Programme
- Ensemble in Residence 2022-24
- Beyond Borders