Scottish Chamber Orchestra
Performer (ensemble), Promoter
The internationally celebrated Scottish Chamber Orchestra (SCO) is made up of a unique collection of talented musicians who inspire and connect with people of all ages.
From re-imagining the classical masters and romantic greats, to sharing contemporary commissions, the world-class musicians of the SCO are passionate about playing: and with inspirational young conductor Maxim Emelyanychev at the helm, our live performances are anything but predictable!
We aim to provide as many opportunities as possible for people to hear live orchestral music by touring the length and breadth of Scotland and around the world as proud ambassadors for Scottish cultural excellence. In recent years, the Orchestra has travelled throughout Europe, the Far East, India and the USA.
The SCO makes a significant contribution to Scottish life both on the concert platform and beyond, working in schools, universities, hospitals, care homes and community centres through its award-winning Creative Learning programme.
News and New Projects New Stories, Dots and Lines, Moving Music, Musical Postcards from the Scottish Chamber Orchestra players
Year of birth/founding 1974
- the surface of the night, by Kevin Leomo
- near dark, by Kevin Leomo
- Close to the Bone, by Kevin Leomo
- Sound Festival Spotlight Gig: Stephanie Lamprea (Soprano) and James Banner (Double Bass)
- Red Note Sessions in Perth - Sub Mari
- sound festival | 19-24 October 2021
- Musical Postcards from the Scottish Chamber Orchestra players
- New album - prismatic - released 24th June
- Gillian Walker Commissioned by Live Music Now