New Stories supports three women composers to bridge the gap between study and the profession by providing them with mentorship from SCO Associate Composer Anna Clyne.
In the first year, the composers will each work to write and workshop a piece for mixed ensemble. These new works will be inspired by the art of storytelling in collaboration with writer and storyteller Janis Mackay. In the second year, one composer will write a new work for the SCO for performance in the summer of 2022.
Submitted by Scottish Chamber Orchestra
External link Meet the three composers
- Quartet No. 6 (Ma) - String Orchestra Arrangement, by Matthew Whiteside
- my day of carnage, by Oliver Searle
- Coffee chat, by None sound
- OVER / AT E.P.: FOLKS' SONGS – LAUNCH
- James MacMillan, Tuireadh
- Anna Clyne. Overflow (SCO commission, World Premiere)