Stride (Scottish Premiere)
- 15 Nov 2021, 7:30 p.m., SCO Website, Online, None, Book your free ticket now
Repertoire Stride, by Anna Clyne
SCO Associate Composer Anna Clyne takes inspiration from Beethoven’s ‘Pathétique’ Piano Sonata in her energetic, propulsive Stride, receiving its first Scottish performance under the direction of Ryan Wigglesworth.
Stride is commissioned by the Australian Chamber Orchestra, River Oaks Chamber Orchestra, Scottish Chamber Orchestra and Orchestre de Chambre de Lausanne.
This performance will be online, as part of the SCO Autumn 2021 Digital Season. Also part of this concert: Vaughan Williams The Lark Ascending, Butterworth A Shropshire Lad and Haydn Symphony No 99.
Free tickets available from 15 October on the SCO website and available to watch online for 1 month.
Performers Ryan Wigglesworth
Promoter Scottish Chamber Orchestra
Submitted by Scottish Chamber Orchestra
- The Rules, by Christopher Hutchings
- Send Lazarus, by Christopher Hutchings
- Sanctus, by Helen Mackinnon
- Calton Consort
- BBC SSO: Anna Clyne's 'This Midnight Hour'
- BBC SSO: Messiaen's 'Quartet For The End of Time'
- Legends and Light Vol. 2
- A Live Sound Design Performance - Tom Lyne
- Meta Morphosis: Pippa Reid-Foster / Eva Alkula - The Glad Cafe, Glasgow
- Cryptic: Deep Dive Open Call // YMI Experimental Music Programme
- Ensemble in Residence 2022-24
- Beyond Borders