Red Note Sessions in Perth - Sub Mari
- 4 Nov 2021, 8 p.m., Perth Concert Hall, Perth, Scotland, UK, More info + Tickets
Repertoire Sub Mari, by Martina Corsini and Manuel Figueroa-Bolvarán
Join Red Note and friends as they play and discuss their latest multi-media new commission - “Sub Mari” by Martina Corsini and Manuel Figueroa-Bolvarán.
As the COP26 summit takes place in Glasgow, Red Note’s latest commission brings together a collaborative multi-media commission by Chilean composer / double-bassist Manuel Figueroa-Bolvarán and Red Note’s Weston-Jerwood Creative Fellow, Scottish-based Martina Corsini, that highlights the contrasting scarcity and abundance of water in Chile and Scotland.
Chile has a very severe water scarcity, exacerbated by land-management practices due to the production of food (including avocados) for export. This, contrasting with a potentially dangerous water abundance here in Scotland, allows the composers to explore the character of water in both places in relation to the environmental crisis, and has inspired them to create a new multi-media artistic work that is both powerful and direct, with a clear message for us all.
Performers Red Note
Promoter Horsecross Arts - Perth Concert Hall & Perth Theatre
Submitted by Red Note
- the surface of the night, by Kevin Leomo
- near dark, by Kevin Leomo
- Close to the Bone, by Kevin Leomo
- Sound Festival Spotlight Gig: Stephanie Lamprea (Soprano) and James Banner (Double Bass)
- Red Note Sessions in Perth - Sub Mari
- sound festival | 19-24 October 2021
- Musical Postcards from the Scottish Chamber Orchestra players
- New album - prismatic - released 24th June
- Gillian Walker Commissioned by Live Music Now