Mindfulness for Musicians - 8-week course
- 3 Sep 2022, 1 p.m., Edinburgh, Edinburgh, Scotland, UK, Book now
This course explores ways to bring mindfulness into your musical life.
Mindfulness practice has plenty to offer musicians. It has been shown to benefit performing, practising, teaching and composing. This course offers fresh perspectives on common issues in musicians’ lives – performance anxiety, mind wandering while practising, instrument-specific strains, to name just a few.
The course is a collaboration of Susanne Olbrich, musician and qualified mindfulness teacher, and EPTA UK (European Piano Teachers Association). It is for musicians who would like to:
• develop clarity, focus and presence
• cultivate mental and emotional wellbeing
• boost creativity
• fine tune body awareness
• deal more effectively and kindly with stress and challenges
• improve relationships with pupils and audiences
Join me if you are looking for an introduction to mindfulness practice, or if you have practised mindfulness before and wish to apply it to your musical life. You will learn key principles and a range of practices to bring mindfulness into your daily life and musical activities.
• Sound meditation
• Body scan
• Breathing meditation
• Walking meditation
• Mindful movements
Themes to be covered include: Grounding Through Body and Breathing; Being Present in Life and Musical Activities; Being with Difficult Experiences; Acceptance and SelfCompassion; The Art of Living Mindfully.
Promoter Susanne Olbrich
Submitted by New Music Scotland
- Elements Two, by Pippa Reid-Foster
- The Fading Light, by Pippa Reid-Foster
- Elements One, by Pippa Reid-Foster
- Soundlab: The Improv Ensemble
- Mutli-Instrumental Workshop
- Meta Morphosis: Pippa Reid-Foster / Eva Alkula
- A Live Sound Design Performance - Tom Lyne
- Meta Morphosis: Pippa Reid-Foster / Eva Alkula - The Glad Cafe, Glasgow
- Multi-Instrumental workshop - Helensburgh