Call for composers and performers
Deadline: 3 Jul 2022
soundfestival (26th-30th October 2022) is making two short performances slots available for composers and performers from Scotland to present new work.
Call for emerging and/or local composers and performers from Scotland
soundfestival (26th-30th October 2022) is making two short performances slots available for composers and performers from Scotland to present new work. This call is particularly aimed at giving increased visibility to emerging and/or local (North East Scotland) composers and performers. Please note that we are committed to working with and supporting creative practitioners from under-represented groups. Female, trans, gender-diverse and ethnic minority composers/performers as well as composers/performers with a disability are encouraged to apply.
The propositions can be made by either performers and/or composers and can be purely contemporary classical music or cross-art form (with new music). We would expect the propositions to be complete i.e. if a composer(s) is applying that they would have lined up the musician(s) they want to take part.
Details: The slots will be of 30 minutes maximum and will take place on Thursday 27th and Friday 28th October 2022 in the afternoon.
There is a maximum budget of £600 per performance to cover fees and expenses, so we are expecting to receive propositions for small-scale performances.
External link More info and how to apply
Submitted by New Music Scotland
- Elements Two, by Pippa Reid-Foster
- The Fading Light, by Pippa Reid-Foster
- Elements One, by Pippa Reid-Foster
- Soundlab: The Improv Ensemble
- Mutli-Instrumental Workshop
- Meta Morphosis: Pippa Reid-Foster / Eva Alkula
- A Live Sound Design Performance - Tom Lyne
- Meta Morphosis: Pippa Reid-Foster / Eva Alkula - The Glad Cafe, Glasgow
- Multi-Instrumental workshop - Helensburgh