FILM COMPOSERS LAB
Deadline: 25 Sep 2023
Aimed at early-career composers who wish to expand their skills in film composition, Film Composers Lab is a professional development scheme.
It offers an invaluable opportunity for five composers in the early stages of their career to gain hands-on experience of composing for screen while working with a professional orchestra and learning from industry experts.
To write full-scale orchestral music, it is of huge benefit for early-career composers to hear their developing work performed by a professional orchestra. The Film Composers Lab provides a sought-after opportunity for talented UK-based composers to develop their skills in film composition over the course of a full orchestral season. Working closely with the Orchestra, RSNO staff and experts from the film and music industries, participants will rescore an existing short film, creating a brand-new composition for full symphony orchestra.
Delivered in a hybrid format, the project will culminate in a workshop and recording at the RSNO’s world-class recording facility, Scotland’s Studio.
Each participant will receive a bursary to make their participation in the project financially sustainable.
Course / CPD / Summerschool
External link More info and Apply
Submitted by New Music Scotland
- Unusual Music Exchange w/ Ailie Ormston
- Elsewhere, Elsewhen - CD and Digital Album from Nordic Viola
- On a Wing and a Prayer
- Legato: Call for Early-Career Composers
- Echoes - Connections Crafting Eco-systems through Soundscapes Interactions: a participatory Sound-walk experience and Art conversation
- Call for Scottish Works - Nordic Music Journeys: Sweden and Scotland