Award for the Recording of New Music sponsored by VoxCarynx
It was a very high standard across the board, with a number of nominations that fascinating artistically, with top quality performance and production values. Albums that were recorded in both live contexts and in studios were considered, and the artistic context and impact of recordings was much discussed. Many of the nominations - including some not shortlisted - will be being given as Christmas presents by the panelists later this year!
Panel: Vimbaryi Kaziboni, Lindsay Pell, Alan Morrison, Susanne Stanzeleit
Erocean - LivMassive and Hessian Renegade
this recording is unlike anything else happening in Scotland (or anywhere, really!), with hip-hop and contemporary classical techniques going hand-in-hand. There's a multi-faceted texture to this that makes it compelling listening.
The Night With… Live Vol. One
great performances, well recorded, eclectic programme, which felt like a live performance, and captured the philosophy and ethos of The Night With... as an organisation.
Letters – David Fennessy
impeccable music making and very high-quality production values. The whole album has a diverse aesthetic, and is a quality product from start to finish.
From Ocean’s Floor – Linda Buckley
Linda Buckley, Iarla Ó Lionáird, Crash Ensemble, Isabelle O'Connell, Joby Burgess, ConTempo Quartet, Darragh Morgan/NMC Records
great performances and high-quality recording that took listeners on a journey and had great impact
- the surface of the night, by Kevin Leomo
- near dark, by Kevin Leomo
- Close to the Bone, by Kevin Leomo
- Sound Festival Spotlight Gig: Stephanie Lamprea (Soprano) and James Banner (Double Bass)
- Red Note Sessions in Perth - Sub Mari
- sound festival | 19-24 October 2021
- Musical Postcards from the Scottish Chamber Orchestra players
- New album - prismatic - released 24th June
- Gillian Walker Commissioned by Live Music Now