Abermore Singers - Premiere of Sanctus by Helen MacKinnon
- 6 Aug 2022, 7 p.m., Dunkeld Cathedral, Dunkeld, Scotland, UK
- 6 Sep 2022, 7 p.m., St Salvator's Chapel, St Andrews, Scotland, UK
Repertoire Sanctus, by Helen Mackinnon
The Abermore Singers, a chamber choir of some 25 singers, will be performing a choral concert in the beautiful Dunkeld Cathedral on Saturday. 6th August at 7.00pm.
The choir, formed from several choirs whose members are drawn from West Wales and South Shropshire, are on a short concert tour based in St Andrews. They perform unaccompanied sacred choral music in a variety of styles, ranging from Renaissance to 21st Century.
The repertoire of the Abermore Singers is varied and includes music by composers such as William Byrd, Thomas Tallis, Anton Bruckner, C.V. Stanford, contemporary composers Morten Lauridsen, Ola Gjeilo. Scottish composers James MacMillan and Helen MacKinnon, from Perth, are also featured.
The group is directed by Alistair Auld, an experienced choral conductor and organist who began his music career at Strathallan School near Perth and later spent nine years living and working in the Arabian Gulf. Alistair formed the choir through contacts and friends in both areas of the UK. As well as performing in the UK, the choir have had successful tours to European cities such as Prague (2018) and Berlin (2019).
Entry to the concert is free with all donations to the Ukraine Crisis.
Performers Abermore Singers
Submitted by Helen Mackinnon
- The Rules, by Christopher Hutchings
- Send Lazarus, by Christopher Hutchings
- Sanctus, by Helen Mackinnon
- Calton Consort
- BBC SSO: Anna Clyne's 'This Midnight Hour'
- BBC SSO: Messiaen's 'Quartet For The End of Time'
- Legends and Light Vol. 2
- A Live Sound Design Performance - Tom Lyne
- Meta Morphosis: Pippa Reid-Foster / Eva Alkula - The Glad Cafe, Glasgow
- Cryptic: Deep Dive Open Call // YMI Experimental Music Programme
- Ensemble in Residence 2022-24
- Beyond Borders