Choirs For Climate come and sing
- 18 Sep 2022, 2 p.m., Charteris Centre, Edinburgh, Scotland, UK, Details and music
Repertoire Send Lazarus, by Christopher Hutchings; The Rules, by Christopher Hutchings; Witnesses of Time, by Moira Morrison; Extinction Calypso, by Karen McAulay
#ChoirsForClimate invites you to a come-and-sing event in Edinburgh, focusing on climate change songs, on Sunday 18th September, 2-4pm, generously funded by the Climate Fringe Festival. Sign up now!
Sign-up form: https://forms.gle/vtnyebrpzwRaabsD9
The venue is the Charteris Centre, on the Pleasance.
Music will include pieces by Scottish composers Chris Hutchings, Moira Morrison, and Karen McAulay, and composers from England, Namibia, Finland and the USA. All music will be sent out a week in advance, with learning tracks if needed.
Free of charge (there is a £5 suggested donation for printing music, if you can't print your own or bring a tablet).
You can see further details, and some of the music, at https://choirsforclimate.com/ .
Thanks all - hope to see you there!
Performers Moira Morrison, Chris Hutchings
Promoter Choirs for Climate
Submitted by Christopher Hutchings
- The Rules, by Christopher Hutchings
- Send Lazarus, by Christopher Hutchings
- Sanctus, by Helen Mackinnon
- Calton Consort
- BBC SSO: Anna Clyne's 'This Midnight Hour'
- BBC SSO: Messiaen's 'Quartet For The End of Time'
- Legends and Light Vol. 2
- A Live Sound Design Performance - Tom Lyne
- Meta Morphosis: Pippa Reid-Foster / Eva Alkula - The Glad Cafe, Glasgow
- Cryptic: Deep Dive Open Call // YMI Experimental Music Programme
- Ensemble in Residence 2022-24
- Beyond Borders