Creator, Educator, Performer (individual)
Happy man with double bass. Improviser. Maker-upper of musical stories. Researcher. Educator.
- Happy man with double bass - I love music because it made my life a lot of fun and it allowed me to express myself and see the world…and maybe even understand life a little bit. I play the biggest, most awkward and best instrument of all: the double bass. I have had an amazing mentor in the legendary English bassist Danny Thompson. Danny taught me that music comes from the heart. He is right, of course!
- Improviser - I improvise music because it is the truest form of musical self-expression. Whether I play jazz or other music, and whether or not it’s specifically improvised music…I do like to improvise (if allowed).
- Maker-upper of musical stories - I don’t like to call myself a composer or songwriter…I make up little stories with music and a little bitty words…these little scenes are the trampoline to improvisation and performance in the moment and they have taken me all over the world, allowing to meet a lot of people and have a lot of fun.
- Researcher - I am currently researching creative methods of making improvisation more accessible and fun, so it can be just as viable a method of self-expression as drawing a picture…for all ages!
- Educator - I run workshops and talk to kids and adults about “the joy of making music”: having fun with music in the moment, as a hugely important way to be happy and express who you are.
But most of all, I am a “human bean”, like you. I’m a husband and a dad, a son and a friend…and I’m delighted to be all of it.
- Unusual Music Exchange w/ Ailie Ormston
- Elsewhere, Elsewhen - CD and Digital Album from Nordic Viola
- On a Wing and a Prayer
- Legato: Call for Early-Career Composers
- Echoes - Connections Crafting Eco-systems through Soundscapes Interactions: a participatory Sound-walk experience and Art conversation
- Call for Scottish Works - Nordic Music Journeys: Sweden and Scotland