Drake Music Scotland
Creator, Educator, Project management/Production
Drake Music Scotland is Scotland's leading national organisation providing opportunities for disabled people of all ages to play, learn, compose and perform music across a range of genres. Our work features use of accessible technologies for music making that disabled musicians can control and we established the Digital Orchestra and other ensembles whose projects explore the interface between these and more conventional instrumentation. We aim to build the repertoire of works that features these innovative instruments. Our Artistic Programme is focused on supporting disabled artist-led initiatives, projects and events including commissions for disabled composers and music creators. As members of the PRS for Music Talent Development network, we support career development opportunities for disabled composers and music creators working in partnership with colleagues in Scotland and the wider UK to build a wider and more flexible range of creative and networking opportunities.
We also have a wide-ranging music education programme for young disabled learners and offer training and practice development in all aspects of inclusive music making to the music education sector.
Residence/Main Office Scotland
Year of birth 1997
- the surface of the night, by Kevin Leomo
- near dark, by Kevin Leomo
- Close to the Bone, by Kevin Leomo
- Sound Festival Spotlight Gig: Stephanie Lamprea (Soprano) and James Banner (Double Bass)
- Red Note Sessions in Perth - Sub Mari
- sound festival | 19-24 October 2021
- Musical Postcards from the Scottish Chamber Orchestra players
- New album - prismatic - released 24th June
- Gillian Walker Commissioned by Live Music Now