This is an arrangement - for string orchestra and harp - of a traditional melody.
Francis's arrangement, performed by The Scottish Fesrtival Orchestra conducted by Sir James MacMillan, features on the Number 1 classical album "The Lost Songs Of St Kilda" (Decca).
Narration and vocals are by the Scots Gaelic singer Julie Fowlis.
Instrumentation Genre Ensemble (with conductor)
Duration 5 minutes
Performances of this work
- 03 Jun 2022, 11:00
[Covfefe: online coffee chat for composers & musicians]
- 05 Jun 2022, 10:00
[Open Score Club - Gardenscape]
- 08 Jun 2022, 14:30
[A CELEBRATION OF MARTYN BRABBINS – EMERGING COMPOSERS]
- 08 Jun 2022, 20:00
[Sound Thought x GLEAM Concert - Darren Gallacher & Failed System Test]
- 11 Jun 2022, 19:30
[Hebrides Ensemble x Drake Music Scotland: Hidden Door 2022]
- World premiere recording of "The Present", by James MacMillan
- New music listening club
- Sound Thought x GLEAM Concert - Darren Gallacher & Failed System Test
- Figurenotes Software and Resource Hub Lunch
- Album 200m: Ambient Music in a 9v World by casiomtb released
- New Recording: 'Ursa Minor' - chamber music of Stuart MacRae