This is an arrangement - for string orchestra and harp - of a traditional melody.
Francis's arrangement, performed by The Scottish Fesrtival Orchestra conducted by Sir James MacMillan, features on the Number 1 classical album "The Lost Songs Of St Kilda" (Decca).
Narration and vocals are by the Scots Gaelic singer Julie Fowlis.
Instrumentation Genre Ensemble (with conductor)
Duration 5 minutes
Performances of this work
- Unusual Music Exchange w/ Ailie Ormston
- Elsewhere, Elsewhen - CD and Digital Album from Nordic Viola
- On a Wing and a Prayer
- Legato: Call for Early-Career Composers
- Echoes - Connections Crafting Eco-systems through Soundscapes Interactions: a participatory Sound-walk experience and Art conversation
- Call for Scottish Works - Nordic Music Journeys: Sweden and Scotland