This is an arrangement - for string orchestra and harp - of a traditional melody.
Francis's arrangement, performed by The Scottish Fesrtival Orchestra conducted by Sir James MacMillan, features on the Number 1 classical album "The Lost Songs Of St Kilda" (Decca).
Narration and vocals are by the Scots Gaelic singer Julie Fowlis.
Instrumentation Genre Ensemble (with conductor)
Duration 5 minutes
Performances of this work
- 30 Sep 2020, 11:00
[SCO Masterworks | Sound and Fury]
- 09 Oct 2020, 18:00
[Red Note: Noisy Nights Hybrid]
- 21 Oct 2020, 19:30
[Cumnock Tryst presents Michael Symmons Robert]
- 22 Oct 2020, 10:00
[Workshop with Tim Cooper: Recording for Performers and Composers]
- 24 Oct 2020, 19:00
[Dancing in Plague Time]
- The Illicit Still, by Oliver Searle
- Close to Shore, by Oliver Searle
- Faith, Hopes and Charity, by Oliver Searle
- Albi Rosenthal Visiting Fellowship in Music, 2021 (Composition)
- VIBE Online
- Sonica Glasgow 2022 Open Call