Cryptic: Alex Smoke, Sonia Killmann and Sonic Surroundings, presented in collaboration with Construction Festival (Ukraine)
- 24 Aug 2022, 7 p.m., Centre for Contemporary Art, Glasgow, Scotland, UK, Cryptic Website
Repertoire Them! There! Eyes?, by Sonia Killmann; Eirini, by Alex Smoke
Cryptic Artists Alex Smoke and Sonia Killmann who performed last year at Construction Fest in Dnipro (Ukraine) as part of a collaboration between Sonica Glasgow and the Dnipro Centre for Contemporary Culture (DCCC), will present works which have never been performed live in Glasgow to mark Ukrainian Independence Day.
During the evening, we will also premiere Sonic Surroundings, our new series of outdoor concerts featuring electro-pop princess Elisabeth Elektra filmed in the breath-taking Scottish landscape and ANDO GLASO Collective atop one of Glasgow’s spectacular roof tops. These will be screened twice: at 20:30 and 21:30. Please note capacity for Sonic Surroundings is limited, and entry will be on a first come first served basis.
All proceeds from this night will be donated to the DCCC and the essential work they are doing to support their communities during the war.
Performers Alex Smoke, Sonia Killmann
Submitted by Cryptic
- The Rules, by Christopher Hutchings
- Send Lazarus, by Christopher Hutchings
- Sanctus, by Helen Mackinnon
- Calton Consort
- BBC SSO: Anna Clyne's 'This Midnight Hour'
- BBC SSO: Messiaen's 'Quartet For The End of Time'
- Legends and Light Vol. 2
- A Live Sound Design Performance - Tom Lyne
- Meta Morphosis: Pippa Reid-Foster / Eva Alkula - The Glad Cafe, Glasgow
- Cryptic: Deep Dive Open Call // YMI Experimental Music Programme
- Ensemble in Residence 2022-24
- Beyond Borders