Educator, Performer (individual), Project management/Production
Member of: Rookh Quartet, Daniel's Beard
Professional skills PR, Programme notes, Fundraising, Performance coaching
Born in Dundee, Andy Saunders grew up in Staffordshire where he began horn lessons as an excuse to miss science lessons! He studied Music at York University before moving back north to Glasgow to complete his Masters degree at the RSAMD with Hugh Potts. After graduating he spent a season as Solo Horn of Slovenian National Opera and Ballet in Ljubljana, before returning to Glasgow to freelance. He has played with Ensemble Modern, Red Note Ensemble, Daniel's Beard, Hebrides Ensemble, BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra, Scottish Chamber Orchestra, Royal Northern Sinfonia, Scottish Opera, Le Concert Olympique, and Cappella Aquiliae amongst others. He is also a founder member of the Rookh Quartet.
Andy ran The Cottier Chamber Project, is the Performance Consultant for the University of Glasgow’s music department, sits on the board of The Night With..., and has previously been a Board Member and Co-Chair of New Music Scotland.
Residence/Main Office Glasgow
Year of birth 1977
- Unusual Music Exchange w/ Ailie Ormston
- Elsewhere, Elsewhen - CD and Digital Album from Nordic Viola
- On a Wing and a Prayer
- Legato: Call for Early-Career Composers
- Echoes - Connections Crafting Eco-systems through Soundscapes Interactions: a participatory Sound-walk experience and Art conversation
- Call for Scottish Works - Nordic Music Journeys: Sweden and Scotland