Educator, Performer (individual), Project management/Production
Member of: Rookh Quartet, Daniel's Beard
Professional skills PR, Programme notes, Fundraising, Performance coaching
Born in Dundee, Andy Saunders grew up in Staffordshire where he began horn lessons as an excuse to miss science lessons! He studied Music at York University before moving back north to Glasgow to complete his Masters degree at the RSAMD with Hugh Potts. After graduating he spent a season as Solo Horn of Slovenian National Opera and Ballet in Ljubljana, before returning to Glasgow to freelance. He has played with Ensemble Modern, Red Note Ensemble, Daniel's Beard, Hebrides Ensemble, BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra, Scottish Chamber Orchestra, Royal Northern Sinfonia, Scottish Opera, Le Concert Olympique, and Cappella Aquiliae amongst others. He is also a founder member of the Rookh Quartet.
Andy ran The Cottier Chamber Project, is the Performance Consultant for the University of Glasgow’s music department, sits on the board of The Night With..., and is currently the Co-Chair of New Music Scotland.
Residence/Main Office Glasgow
Year of birth 1977
- the surface of the night, by Kevin Leomo
- near dark, by Kevin Leomo
- Close to the Bone, by Kevin Leomo
- Sound Festival Spotlight Gig: Stephanie Lamprea (Soprano) and James Banner (Double Bass)
- Red Note Sessions in Perth - Sub Mari
- sound festival | 19-24 October 2021
- Musical Postcards from the Scottish Chamber Orchestra players
- New album - prismatic - released 24th June
- Gillian Walker Commissioned by Live Music Now