Boyajian Star Music
Boyajian's Star, known more formally as KIC 8462852, presents scientitst with a difficult to explain anomalous light fluctuation pattern. There are many theories, but the most popular is that the fluctuations are caused by an alien superstructure.
Boyajian Star Music is an open score piece in 4 parts. Parts 1, 2, and 3 are accompanied by a standard ossia (s.o.) part, which is a doubling of the main parts, minus very fast grace notes, and substituting in more glissandi, and which may be played in addition to the main parts.
Instrumentation Genre Ensemble (with conductor)
Duration 8 minutes
Performances of this work
|St Magnus Cathedral, Kirkwall, Scotland, UK
- Unusual Music Exchange w/ Ailie Ormston
- Elsewhere, Elsewhen - CD and Digital Album from Nordic Viola
- On a Wing and a Prayer
- Legato: Call for Early-Career Composers
- Echoes - Connections Crafting Eco-systems through Soundscapes Interactions: a participatory Sound-walk experience and Art conversation
- Call for Scottish Works - Nordic Music Journeys: Sweden and Scotland