Herbridean Sunset Rag
I have a caravan in a wonderful spot on the west coast of Scotland, with a nearby beach and fantastic views of the Isles. It is a favourite retreat of mine, and I particularly like to go there with other musicians in the summer, to jam and sing songs on the beach, as the sun sets behind the dark silhouettes of Eigg and Rum.
This little piece is a flight of fancy, in which Scott Joplin, Stéphane Grappelli and Eddie Cochran come to stay at my caravan and join our jam session on the beach. Perhaps Niccolò Paganini is there too. Maybe it sounds a bit like this...
For violin & piano OR flute & piano OR flute & guitar OR clarinet, cello & piano.
Instrumentation Genre Ensemble (no conductor)
Duration 4 minutes
Instrumentation Violin [1 player]; Piano [1 player]
Performances of this work
|University of Edinburgh Reid Concert Hall, Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
|Link to online catalogue
- Unusual Music Exchange w/ Ailie Ormston
- Elsewhere, Elsewhen - CD and Digital Album from Nordic Viola
- On a Wing and a Prayer
- Legato: Call for Early-Career Composers
- Echoes - Connections Crafting Eco-systems through Soundscapes Interactions: a participatory Sound-walk experience and Art conversation
- Call for Scottish Works - Nordic Music Journeys: Sweden and Scotland