Through the Headlights
Through the Headlights explores a journey of both the sensation of travelling a far distance in a vehicle yet never moving from the same spot, and the mysterious adventure of driving into a fog. This is done through the use of the trios.
The first group explores the running motor and unusual feeling of motion but with no physical displacement within this through consistent, weaving rhythms with little progress in harmony.
The second group doubles as a subtle fog, gradually progressing and building to overwhelm the others. But can also present the consistency of land and ground as we journey through these winding roads, entwining ourselves in the natural landscape.
Instrumentation Genre Ensemble (with conductor)
Tag brass band
Duration 7 minutes
Instrumentation Trumpet [2 players]; Horn [2 players]; Trombone [2 players]
Performances of this work
- Elements Two, by Pippa Reid-Foster
- The Fading Light, by Pippa Reid-Foster
- Elements One, by Pippa Reid-Foster
- Soundlab: The Improv Ensemble
- Mutli-Instrumental Workshop
- Meta Morphosis: Pippa Reid-Foster / Eva Alkula
- A Live Sound Design Performance - Tom Lyne
- Meta Morphosis: Pippa Reid-Foster / Eva Alkula - The Glad Cafe, Glasgow
- Multi-Instrumental workshop - Helensburgh