Scottish Awards for New Music 2017
The first Scottish Awards for New Music happened on the 8th March 2017 in Drygate Brewery, Glasgow.
There were over a hundred and eighty nominations submitted by artists, audience members and the general public, reinforcing the depth and breadth of new music activity in Scotland. Nominations ranged from amateur musicians and emerging artists, to major organisations and household names and covered a wide-range of new music.
The winners and shortlisted nominations for the Scottish Awards for New Music 2017 are:
- The Rules, by Christopher Hutchings
- Send Lazarus, by Christopher Hutchings
- Sanctus, by Helen Mackinnon
- Calton Consort
- BBC SSO: Anna Clyne's 'This Midnight Hour'
- BBC SSO: Messiaen's 'Quartet For The End of Time'
- Legends and Light Vol. 2
- A Live Sound Design Performance - Tom Lyne
- Meta Morphosis: Pippa Reid-Foster / Eva Alkula - The Glad Cafe, Glasgow
- Cryptic: Deep Dive Open Call // YMI Experimental Music Programme
- Ensemble in Residence 2022-24
- Beyond Borders