Scottish Awards for New Music 2017
The first Scottish Awards for New Music happened on the 8th March 2017 in Drygate Brewery, Glasgow.
There were over a hundred and eighty nominations submitted by artists, audience members and the general public, reinforcing the depth and breadth of new music activity in Scotland. Nominations ranged from amateur musicians and emerging artists, to major organisations and household names and covered a wide-range of new music.
The winners and shortlisted nominations for the Scottish Awards for New Music 2017 are:
- Feda, by Aileen Sweeney
- it's a sad child that destroys its own weather, by Antonia Kattou
- Pilgrim of Curiosity, by Oliver Searle
- Covfefe: online coffee chat for composers & musicians
- unbound sound: 12 & 13 June 2021
- Sonic Bites: Shadow in Threes
- BBC Young Composer Competition 2021
- Student Residency Prize 2021
- Emerging Composers: Scotland’s Stories