Born in Glasgow, Claire originally gained a first class BSc(hons) in Maths Statistics & Management science before returning to her passion for music. She completed a BA Applied music and then went on to graduate from the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland with an MMus Composition, (distinction) and several prizes. She went on to win several more prizes as well as being shortlisted twice for the Scottish New Music Awards chamber music composition category in 2017 &2019, and was also a British finalist for ISCM World Music Day in 2015.
Claire has also composed for various collaborations and has worked with dance, drama and visual arts on a variety of very different commissions. Her music has been performed across the UK, and internationally, and been broadcast on BBC Radio 3 and BBC Scotland.
For full biography and further information please visit my website:
Residence/Main Office Glasgow
|Title||Year composed||Instrumentation Genre|
|Prey||2012||Ensemble (no conductor)|
- Quartet No. 6 (Ma) - String Orchestra Arrangement, by Matthew Whiteside
- my day of carnage, by Oliver Searle
- Coffee chat, by None sound
- OVER / AT E.P.: FOLKS' SONGS – LAUNCH
- James MacMillan, Tuireadh
- Anna Clyne. Overflow (SCO commission, World Premiere)