Creator, Educator, Project management/Production
Kevin Leomo is a Scottish-Filipino composer of experimental music undertaking a PhD in Music at the University of Glasgow, where he is exploring liminality as sonic fragility, silence, and cross-cultural practice.
Kevin is committee chair for Sound Thought, a student-run series promoting the practice and research of postgraduates working in sound and music. He is interested in education engagement, having completed outreach projects with the Scottish Young Composers Project, Sound Festival, and Chamber Music Scotland. He works as a Graduate Teaching Assistant, having recently been awarded ‘Best GTA’ in the SRC Student Teaching Awards.
Kevin is interested in decolonising the curriculum and embedding anti-racism within his teaching practice and wider HE settings. Kevin sits on the Students’ Representative Council as the Postgraduate Convenor for the College of Arts as well as the steering group of the Decolonising the Curriculum in the Time of Pandemic Collaborative Cluster.
|Title||Year composed||Instrumentation Genre|
|Silhouettes||2019||Ensemble (no conductor)|
|catching the light||2020||Solo instrument|
- Nocturne & Sunrise, by Eddie McGuire
- Meditation on Da Day Dawn, by Katherine Wren
- Carry His Relics, by Gemma McGregor
- Album Release: MIDI Times & Spaces by Neil Tòmas Smith
- Quartet No. 6 (Remix)
- Iconnotations - Made In Scotland Showcase
- Musical Postcards from the Scottish Chamber Orchestra players
- New album - prismatic - released 24th June
- Gillian Walker Commissioned by Live Music Now
- Marketing and Communications Manager — Scottish Ensemble
- Freelance Artistic Director for All Together Now
- We're Hiring: Arts Project Trainee Admin Assistant - Easterhouse