Creator, Educator, Project management/Production
Kevin Leomo is a Scottish-Filipino composer of experimental music undertaking a PhD in Music at the University of Glasgow, where he is exploring liminality as sonic fragility, silence, and cross-cultural practice.
Kevin is committee chair for Sound Thought, a student-run series promoting the practice and research of postgraduates working in sound and music. He is interested in education engagement, having completed outreach projects with the Scottish Young Composers Project, Sound Festival, and Chamber Music Scotland. He works as a Graduate Teaching Assistant, having recently been awarded ‘Best GTA’ in the SRC Student Teaching Awards.
Kevin is interested in decolonising the curriculum and embedding anti-racism within his teaching practice and wider HE settings. Kevin sits on the Students’ Representative Council as the Postgraduate Convenor for the College of Arts as well as the steering group of the Decolonising the Curriculum in the Time of Pandemic Collaborative Cluster.
|Title||Year composed||Instrumentation Genre|
|at the still point||2021||Ensemble (no conductor)|
|limen||2020||Ensemble (no conductor)|
|near dark||2020||Ensemble (no conductor)|
|24 Oct 2021, 11 a.m.||Sound Festival Spotlight Gig: Stephanie Lamprea (Soprano) and James Banner (Double Bass)||Aberdeen Art Gallery, Aberdeen, Scotland, UK|
- the surface of the night, by Kevin Leomo
- near dark, by Kevin Leomo
- Close to the Bone, by Kevin Leomo
- Sound Festival Spotlight Gig: Stephanie Lamprea (Soprano) and James Banner (Double Bass)
- Red Note Sessions in Perth - Sub Mari
- sound festival | 19-24 October 2021
- Musical Postcards from the Scottish Chamber Orchestra players
- New album - prismatic - released 24th June
- Gillian Walker Commissioned by Live Music Now